November 28th, 2017
11th Annual Meet Me In The Keys Registration Opens
It's almost time for "Turquoise Tuesday", aka Meet me in the Keys registration! I hope you are as excited about it as we are. It's going to be a great time. Our theme for 2018 is "Happy Kampers". Here's what you may want/need to know as you get ready to register, but you can get full details at www.meetmeinthekeys.org.
- Registration opens on Tuesday, November 28 "Turquoise Tuesday";
- Registration limited to 250 attendees;
- You MUST be a Castaways club member to attend, as well as any guest attending with you;
- Host hotel for MMITK 2018 is the beautiful, new Perry Hotel (the link to book your room under our group rate block is on the lodging page of www.meetmeinthekeys.org.) The rates are even lower than our 2017 hotel. Our room block includes choice of a king room, or one with 2 queen beds, ideal for finding a roomie. You can choose from lagoon view or marina view, and you can choose if you wish to get a larger room. Lot of options will insure that you get just what you want.
- Entertainment, in order of appearance: Jimi Pappas, Matt Hoggatt, Roger Jokela, Allen "Frankendread" Holland, Don Middlebrook, The Shanty Hounds (Dani Hoy & Chris Rehm), Donny Brewer & the Dock Rockers, Captain Josh, Drop Dead Dangerous, Howard Livingston & the Mile Marker 24 Band, John Frinzi, Aaron Scherz, Keith Sykes, and Doyle Grisham.
- The annual "Hangover Classic Walk" is back again! The destination is top secret, but we know you'll have a good time. Sign up for this as part of your online registration. Many people go the "extra mile" of getting pledges from friends and family for this super short, fun walk. (They don't need to know how easy it is!)
- Daily events - let us know during registration which ones you can attend. We need a head count for the venues. We are taking you to some fun, new venues that we know you'll enjoy.
- Name tag at Smokin' Tuna - At the entrance to Smokin' Tuna, there is a sign that says "Home Bar of the Southernmost Coconut Castaways". In that area, we have name plaques of members. You can order your own to be placed there for $20, with $5 from each going to Care Camps. If you order it as part of your registration, we will reach out to you to get the wording, and it will be there before MMITK!
- Key West Bar Card - this card gets you 2-1 drinks at more than a dozen great local bars/restaurants. You can use it at each venue once per day, so it pays for itself very quickly!
We are also looking for Meet me in the Keys 2018 event sponsors. We couldn't do this event, and make the big donation to KOA Care Camps, without amazing sponsors. Some levels of sponsorship also give you entries into the event. Click here
to see the various levels and the perks that come with each. You can sponsor a specific event/show, or be a general sponsor. For more information on how you can help, reply to this email or reach out to Tammy and/or Marc.
Questions? Visit the FAQ
page of the event website, or reply to this email. We're happy to help you navigate the registration process. See you all soon, happy kampers!